The Hard Places and Graceless Spaces




Lord speak to the hard places, the graceless spaces in my heart.
The hopeless places, that stubbornly refuse to make room for hope.
Lord speak to the hard places, the graceless spaces in my heart;
the hidden, fear driven spaces.

Lord speak to the hard places, the graceless spaces in my heart.
The grief driven train tracks that criss cross the landscape of my heart.
Derail the train of pain, excavate the tracks.

Lord speak to the hard places, the graceless spaces in my heart.
Turn these wounds into scars of glory,
pour your grace into every space.
Heal these holes and close the gaps.

Lord, turn the hard places into mountain tops.
Lead me from the valley of despair into your Holy presence.
Let my praise be magnified in this barren place,
let me find your grace in this uphill race.

Lord turn the hard places, the hidden spaces into streaming rivers.
Rushing, teaming, living waters, rising,
flooding and filling every space with your grace.

Lord turn the hard places into redeemed Kingdom spaces,
plant your hope there in those wide open places.
Let hope eclipse pain and love drive out fear.

Lord turn the hard places, into Holy spaces,
into your Holy home, decorate it with your love.
And let me simply be,
                     the backdrop of your glorious story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...