How hard it was....

8 We don't want you in the dark, friends, about how hard it was when all this came down on us in Asia province. It was so bad we didn't think we were going to make it. 9 We felt like we'd been sent to death row, that it was all over for us. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened. Instead of trusting in our own strength or wits to get out of it, we were forced to trust God totally—not a bad idea since he's the God who raises the dead! 10 And he did it, rescued us from certain doom. And he'll do it again, rescuing us as many times as we need rescuing. 11 You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation—I don't want you in the dark about that either. I can see your faces even now, lifted in praise for God's deliverance of us, a rescue in which your prayers played such a crucial part.
2 Cor 1:8-11 (MSG)

Love this passage....How hard it was.  How hard it is. Days where you feel like you will surely not be able to go on.  Darkness that feels deafening, light that barely shines. Flickering and fading hope.  Desperation, crazy panic desperation that causes you to be hysterical for the only answer.  Jesus.  At the end of my rope, He is always the answer.  At the end of your rope, He is the only answer.  And oh yeah, you play a part too.  You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation. Thanks for that....and me and my prayers get to be a part of your rescue operation.

There is always a rescue plan.  You are never lost, I am never lost.  It is never hopeless.  No matter what we are walking through, it will be redeemed.  Purpose revealed, depth experienced, hope restored it is all part of the journey....and He will do it again...over and over, until that day that we are perfected!

In the meantime...we live authentically, sharing our struggles, encouraging one another with our stories of victory, comforting those who need comfort because we ourselves have experienced comfort, loving the broken right where they are, sharing the suffering, loving the weak, etc.

Yay!  We get to be Jesus with skin on.  Love well my friends, for you have been loved well by the King of the Universe.

Oh yeah, will you pray for me?  Today I am practicing trusting God and His rescue plan, will you join me.  Trying not to wait till the end of my rope.

Love you people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...