Turning a Hole into Holy

There is a hole in my future.
It can't be fixed in this lifetime.
I live with a pain that is unexplainable, a loss undeniable.
In the midst of the loss of a son, and the dreams I had for him,
there is a sacred place that offers peace.
It's a hard to find place and often hard to stay there.
Sometimes I am like a blind person,
stumbling about in the dark trying to find it.
I bump into others, grasping at them to stay on my feet.
Sometimes we link arms and we search together.
We cry out to find the secret place, the sacred place, the holy place.
Pushing past the anger, leaning into hope, pulling open the curtain,
and stepping into the sanctuary.
There I find rest, there I find peace.
My mind wrestles with my heart,
when it is weak and tired it surrenders to the Spirit,
gasping for breath, desperate for hope.
Holy, Holy cries my heart for there it finds rest,
there it finds hope, in the sacred space, the Holy place.
Tears are welcomed, tears are counted, breathing feels lilke worship in the Holy place.
In the Sacred place, Jesus can turn a hole into a Holy space, He can turn tears into treasure, breathe hope into my heart,  replace pain with heavenly expectation and give me just enough grace to get through my day.

1 comment:

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...