Sometimes its the little things...

Hey, so I know I can be a little reclusive, a little nervous, skittish even sometimes.  I can be a little loud and a little brash.  I can be a little insensitive and a little demanding.  I can be a little opinionated and a little excitable.  Sometimes I can even be a little mean....Don't take it personal. 

Basically what I am saying is it just takes a little of any of these things to make a big fat mess.  Just a little bit of any combination of these things can bring consequences.  Doesn't take much for offence to come...just a little, itty bitty "something" can create a ginormous bunch of conflict.  

Seeds, really that is what I am planting all day long and the crop that I get reflects what I am planting.  I know don't get all weird on me...sometimes something grows in my/our garden that I/you are not responsible for at all, but that's rare.  Most of the time, these weeds they are growing up totally legit, as a result of a little bit of "flesh". A little itty bitty seed....or a tiny little spark that starts the fire...a knee jerk reaction...a thoughtless comment...this list could go forever....and you can probably fill in this list yourself, because according to your life experiences you have your very own list of "little things".

I have for the most part gotten over the big things, it's these little bitty things that tangle me up now.  They keep me from the best that God has for me.  These little itty bitty things cause me to look hard at myself and think hard about what I still need to change.  What weeds need to be pulled, what bugs are still milling about causing damage to my life....

His grace is so great, it covers.  I am surrounded by wonderful people that cover my weeds, sometimes they help pull the weeds and sometimes they let me choke on the weeds.  Sometimes they scream about the bugs they see devouring my fruit and sometimes they spray some Raid on the bugs.  The bottom line is in this garden of my life, just when I think I am gonna get an amazing crop,I wake up one morning and it looks like I have spoiled it with some crazy itty bitty weed that is draining all the nutrients out of the ground and taking all the water.  Sometimes it is the smallest of microscopic bugs that has becomes an infestation because I haven't handled it promptly and boom it ruins my crop. It always starts with these little things....

A garden isn't a one time thing...ask anyone that gardens.  It is an ongoing constant battle between yourself the weeds and the bugs.  It is an everyday tending and you can't let your guard down for even a day.  

So it is in my life, in our lives.  It is often the little things that are keeping us from the full bounty that the garden of our lives can deliver.  Giant colossal fruit awaits, if I can just keep the darn weeds and bugs at bay. One day we win, until then I garden on.  Tending to my crazy, faulty, garden of a heart and paying attention to the crop it produces.  I want the colossal, crazy, sweet fruit that draws others to Jesus

Working on it every day(except when I forget and start slacking) until I don't have to anymore.....love wins in the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...