Broken? That is perfect.





Yesterday, I was talking with a dear friend.  Talking Jesus and talking theology.  Theology should be Jesus, but so often it becomes something else.  We are all a bit predisposed to believe one way or another.  I personally have been very black and white all my life so it was easy when I was younger in the Lord to become legalistic.  Now, well now, I just say give me Jesus and everything else seems to fall into place.

So as we talked, she shared how she was broken and wasn't sure she could move in the destiny she felt the Lord had shown her.  Broken.  I stared in awe at this beautiful friend.  I feel sure my mouth was open.  She rambled on a bit more because of my silence.  Finally I said, "Broken, we are all broken.  That is why we love Jesus so much."
 Brokenness doesn't disqualify us, it positions us.

Aren't we all broken? We are all walking around on this earth like the misfit toys. Trying to fit into a world that we don't belong in.  Broken and missing pieces we search for belonging and love.  Jesus scoops us up and gives us a home for our weary, scarred hearts.  We are the misfits and cast offs.  The forgotten, the lost, the broken and then He chooses us and makes all things new.  The brokenness continues as we see more and more of our Jesus.  His glory reveals our weakness and desperation for a savior and who can remain unbroken in His presence?  His glory, His forgiveness, His healing power should break us every time. Broken?  Yes, I am broken.

I really haven't been able to quit thinking about this.  The sweetness of brokenness.  I am broken, tattered and torn, pummeled and bruised and yet I feel more love than ever before.  In this brokenness there is a sweetness that comes, a fragrance of grace that overwhelms and satisfies. The past doesn't define me or my calling, it shapes and molds me for destiny.  Broken, yes we are all broken.  None of us escape failures.  big or small we fail Him with cold hearts and rebellion.

We come to Him with our broken pieces and we see the grace of the Master and fall madly in love with Him.  This is the theology that changes us, this is the Jesus that we should be teaching and sharing.  The Jesus that takes our brokenness and pieces us back together into something beautiful that positions us for destiny.  So when I feel broken, I run into His presence and there He turns it into a place of victory.  Who doesn't like to feel victory?  Brokenness qualifies us for victory.  This misfit is running as fast as I can into His presence and there in that brokenness I experience the sweetness of victory.







1 comment:

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...