Hope is here


Hope is Here

He is stronger than the struggle
Greater than the pain
Faithful through the loss
   He is hope for the future
He is stronger than the lies
Greater than any man
Faithful through the crisis
   He is hope for the future
He is stronger than the emotions
Greater than any discouragement
Faithful through the darkness
    He is hope for the future
He is stronger than death
Greater than the past
Faithful through the present
     He is hope for the future
He is strong enough for today
Greater than the doubts
Faithful in each of the moments
    He is hope for today
Today, is the future dreamed of yesterday
He was there then, He is here now and He is already in the future.
Hope is here. 
                                            ---Debbie Hornsby

A wonderful woman I know taught me the phrase, we live in hope.  It was my mantra, my letting go, my hope.  It hasn't failed me, I still live in hope.  I grieve, I cry but there is always hope.  The pain subsides but it is always there, but hope is there too.  Each day there is sorrow and each day I live in hope.  That is where I choose to live and each day I get a little closer, except when I go backwards.  Some days I go backwards and then I pick up the pieces of my heart and choose to live in hope again.  Hope--the expectation of things not yet seen is a powerful thing, but Hope in Christ who is the hope of the world well that I choose to live in despite what I see or feel today.  Today, I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...