Daughter


Daughter

I have not called you wife, pastor, teacher or mother.

No, I have called you Daughter. 

I have not called you sister, staff, leader or artist.

No, I have called you Daughter.

My Daughter, rejoice in this title alone.

          You are my forever Daughter,           
 
 titles, jobs and positions will all end.

 But you my Daughter,

you will always be my Daughter.

My Forever Daughter.
 
 
Psalm 45:10-11 (MSG) 10 "Now listen, daughter, don't miss a word: forget your country, put your home behind you. 11 Be here—the king is wild for you. Since he's your lord, adore him.

This verse says forget your country, put your home behind you.  It does not mean run off and be a monk.  It means take the time to enjoy what is right in front of you, His presence is a daily present.  Be here, in the moment of understanding that He is your King and you are His daugher.  He is wild about you, His daughter.  It is easy to forget the higher calling in all the busyness of our day to day lives.  But the truth is every other title put upon us will be gone when we step from this world into heaven.  Who we are is more important than what we do.  I am not saying don't do anything for the Kingdom, I am just saying don't lose the King in your pursuit of the Kingdom. 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...