One Day Soon


I thought I would write something deep and personal and maybe this poetry is.....it is just what came pouring out as I typed.  This is me, my new life, my new job, my new home.  Not much time to get sad, I'll write more I am sure when the pressure of finding my way in a new job lessens.  Pray that is sooner rather than later.  I love it, I do.  It's just been awhile since I have had to work so hard to learn new things.  I am in over my head, no doubt but I know it is right where God want's me.  Trying to figure out how to post a short video on here for a few friends that said they miss my laugh, sometimes I even miss my laugh(Maybe tomorrow I will figure it out).  Laughing more every day, improvement is a good thing.  Miss my friends, miss my boys...Don't think for a minute that I don't think of you often and long to be in your sweet presence. God is making all things new and that is enough for now.


One Day Soon


I thought I had lived life

I had grown and I had grown

I had still not touched the sun

There were bright days and dark nights

Still I had not touched the sun

I had stretched and stretched reaching for the sun

Been despaired at the lack of warmth

I had been cut down, run over and sifted

Yet, still I grew

I was small so very small

But never knew until I grew tall

I reached

I withdrew

I danced with cold fear

And still I grew

I was dead in the dirt

Cracked open and hurt

Still I grew and I grew

Pain twisted my seed

I held tight to its root

And the sun still shone

Its warmth bringing hope

New shoots breaking forth

Pushing through hard ground

Seeking out the sun

New life still grows and grows

Though death enfolds the fallen leaves

The new still grows and grows

The old crumbles, cracks and falls to the ground

I grow and I grow

Still I have not touched the sun

I have grown taller and taller still

And yet I am still so small

Still reaching for the sun

Still growing and growing

My face bent towards the sun

And my roots digging deep

This is a new season

Warmth is shining

I am living

One day soon

I shall touch the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...