We are Oaks of Righteousness



I painted again today.  In between text messages, and praying for divine intervention for backpacks for our community and playing with my much neglected little princess, I painted.  It is an accomplishment, and so I celebrate. It is my act of worship and my act of loving myself enough to carve out the time to do something that ministers to me. 
So as I looked at the canvas that was written on during one of our "River" worship nights I prayed and asked the Lord to speak.  
He always does, if we ask and sit still.  So as I poured paint onto canvas and listened, this is what He gave me: 
We are oaks of righteousness to display His glory.  As I painted, the trees sprang forth and Gold highlights got dabbed on their trunks as they stretched towards the light.  The skys may be cloudy and dark but there is always light, always an opportunity to reflect His glory.  

Dear Lord, let my eyes see the beauty that is coming out of the darkness, let me remember that the clouds often carry the Glory.  Let me see and believe the best, let me look with expectancy for your light and let me grow towards that light revealing and reflecting your beauty.  The tree doesn't have to work to grow, it just does.  Help me to just grow, no striving only loving.  Help me to nurture those growing around me that we would all be called oaks of righteousness. Help me to bring a message of hope and to have a praising heart.   Amen. 

Announce Freedom to All Captives
1 The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me because God anointed me. He sent me to preach good news to the poor, heal the heartbroken, Announce freedom to all captives, pardon all prisoners. 2 God sent me to announce the year of his grace— a celebration of God's destruction of our enemies— and to comfort all who mourn, 3 To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion, give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes, Messages of joy instead of news of doom, a praising heart instead of a languid spirit. Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness" planted by God to display his glory.

Isaiah 61:1-3 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...