Expression is the Opposite of Depression

Expression is the opposite of depression.


I saw this on instagram, I knew this but had never heard it like this. It hit me like a ton of bricks or like a big fat truck.  This is the story of my life.  At times I struggle to hold everything inside, to only let parts of me show.  Those times always lead to times of darkness.  The effort to hide my heart, hide my feelings leaves me feeling unknown and isolated.  It takes me right back to the path I have fought so hard to get off......the smoke and mirror me.  The real me hidden and scared she will be rejected so she puts up a smoke screen.  The perfect little princess, the put together, the earn your love, this smoke screen was exhausting.  

The old me, went out the window when she had no ability any longer to keep it all in and then the new me took over.  The real me came roaring out and turns out the real me could be really happy.  So I paint and write and expose parts of me that are vulnerable.  I am honest about the pain, the joy and the struggle.  

Not that I have figured it all out, just some of it.....and I trust God to protect my heart.  It's not my job anymore to create myself into someone others will approve of.  Its my job to create an expression of love for my Heavenly Father and reveal what freedom looks like to others.  Freedom is always fueled by love, and it can't be held in.  Love is a creative roar, and it looks different for each of us.  

Turns out I like to ROAR.  Who knew this could be so rewarding?  This lioness thing, this hear me roar thing?  So be brave my friends, live in freedom and express yourself.  I think you will find a loving community that prefers character, brokennes, and vulnerability to perfection and facades.  I believe with all my heart we are meant to live in community that celebrates truth in all things.  That freedom can be found in community; Freedom to be authentic, freedom to be accepted, freedom to grow, freedom to live as God designed us, it is ours to live and ours to show to the world.  

You are an expression of His great love, now express it to the world.  Find the good, find the glory, find the hope, find the joy, find the love and let it roar.  And just in case you can't find that, then roar out your pain....thats okay too.  People please give us and by us I mean all of us... the freedom to be sad sometimes.  He wouldn't have sent a comforter, if we weren't sometimes going to need comfort.  If you are sad and stuggling let it out, express it...stay in the light as much as possible....you may teeter on the edge but God will not let you out of His grasp.  Let's all find our way to our true freedom, to our roar, to our true expression of who we were created to be.  

Much love to you my brave friends. 

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...