Let's just stop this....


Can we all just agree?  Can we just extend honest, thoughtful, prayerful, grace?  Instead of looking at others sin, can we please acknowledge we have a tree growing out of our own head that needs working on?  I am not perfect, far from it (all fall short).  Sin is rooted in my mind and goes down into my heart and I don't think I am alone in this.  Sure it may not be that evident (or maybe it is), but it is there; pride, rebellion, judgment, bitterness, fear, anger.... I could keep going but I think you get the picture.  I am working on these things, cutting them off at the root in a bit by bit process.  Maybe, when we see something in someone else instead of gossiping, whispering, pondering, complaining about, we should look deeper into our hearts and ask "what log is in our own eye, what tree is growing out of our own head?".  I am tired of apologizing for the hurtful words that have been spoken to our brothers and sisters, words that have wounded them and made them withdraw from the body.  Can we all just agree?  Can we just extend honest, thoughtful, prayerful grace? We have a healer His name is Jesus, we have one who's very job is to convict of sin, His name is Holy Spirit.  We have done enough damage, hurt enough people, let's just stop this stuff.  We are all on the same team.  The church doesn't need more criticism and harsh judgement we get enough of that from the world.  We can be fruit inspectors and celebrate the fruit that is growing in peoples lives but let's stay away from criticism masked as spirituality.  When we truly love(kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, patience, authentic relationship, etc.) we will be filled with the ability to minister wholeness and encourage fruitfulness, without hurting others and that is what I believe Jesus wants from us. I can honestly say, I love the body of Christ but sometimes I hate what it does to one another.  Let's just make love the priority, after all that is the greatest commandment.

Matthew 7:1-5 (HCSB)
1 “Do not judge, so that you won’t be judged. 2 For with the judgment you use, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye but don’t notice the log in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and look, there’s a log in your eye? 5 Hypocrite! First take the log out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...