This life is both beautiful and brutal.



This life is both Beautiful and Brutal
 
I am surronded by both an army of love and a torrent of sadness. 
I am filled with both the joy of the Lord and the sadness of loss.
I am laughing and smiling and then crying and sighing.
I am surronded with both death and life.
I am filled with hope and yet find myself in despair.
I am weak and yet strong in Christ.
I am finding my way, yet utterly lost without Christ.
I am alive and yet dying.
This life is both beautiful and brutal,
sin stained and grace filled.

My life is both beautiful and brutal, sin stained and grace filled and one day I will leave the imperfect for the perfect, to be with the great I AM.  Until then I crawl up on the altar and offer myself as a living sacrifice and the old is made new again; the brutal made beautiful, the sin stained made grace filled.  Until then I am perfectly imperfect.  A friend once told me progress not perfection. So maybe sometimes I crawl off the altar, sometimes I get scared of the pain, sometimes I just run from the hard things and sometimes, just sometimes I let Jesus shine through me as bright as the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...