The Layers




You see her
but do you really see her
You see her but she cannot be defined
by what you see
the colors of her skin, her eyes, none of that defines her
You see her outward appearance but
it is what is under her skin that defines her
There you can see the beauty of strength
and the danger and the fear
There you see the layers of disappointment
and of great joy
There in the layers of her life
you see the past and the present
you see her heart that has bled out 
You see the love that flows from it
you see the warrior and the child
you see that she is every woman
and yet fiercly her own woman
You see her but you can't possbily know her
she is so much more than you can imagine
debbie hornsby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My Heart is Full

I ran across this picture, just the other day.  It was painted way before my life turned upside down and inside out.  I thought my heart ...